A new moon AND a solar eclipse in the same weekend?
Yeah this calls for a major spread.
I don’t often whip the celtic cross spread out but seeing as how my life is undergoing major shift, whirlwind fast and sudden, all in the middle of a new moon cycle and a solar eclipse. I don’t see why not. Oh and by the way Mercury is about to go into retrograde in my sign in less than a week.
I’m not freaking out, you’re freaking out.
Mercury retrograde in Libra is, yes, about reviewing aspects of how we relate, how we measure up and how we find our way to harmony through the temporary turbulence.
So let’s see!
The Suit of Wands dominates this spread, which figures with my recent need for refocusing and regrounding herbs and crystals for all this scattering?scattered? energy in my life. Look at all those reversals! Which aren’t necessarily bad, but it fits with the scatterbrained nature of my life at the moment.
- Current Situation: FOUR OF PENTACLES (reverse) – Upright, the woman in this picture is secure, in perfect balance, all her resources in alignment with purpose. In shadow this relates to my current half in half out feeling. I notice the house in the background and I remember that I was just remarking to myself how nice it will be to have my own consistent space again. Spaces of transition are a challenge for me but I understand I have to make it through, holding on to the pieces of the puzzles I do have and letting some of the ones I had go. Oya says keep whirling, stop panicking, I got you! Maferefun Oya!
- Cross/Challenge: KNIGHT OF SWORDS – Knight cards are often ones that call for balance of the properties of the suit. Thinking about what’s in my life right now, I’m being asked to not question everything, release the anxiousness that hits me when I don’t have the answers, and watch in order to learn.
- Retrospective (Distant Past): NINE OF WANDS (reverse) – I been through some thaangs. A gentle reminder that I’m way past this stage and not to carry that trauma forward. There’s no need to sit behind my fence of wands anymore.
- Recent Past: THE EMPRESS – Rootedness, connection with the natural world. I don’t think I’m being asked to let this particular energy go. I will need it going forward I think, or rather the lessons learned in this time of quiet I’m moving from. Also peep the Venus sign… Venus just moved out of retrograde. Ha.
- Best Outcome: THREE OF WANDS – New frontiers ahead! Be visionary, be creative, be open and have the widest view of the picture. I’m okay with this… I’m excited really!
- Immediate Future: EIGHT OF WANDS (reverse) – Let’s go, let’s go… or nah. Because look at that tree, remaining unbothered by the whirlwind activity around it. So yeah, stuff is happening, but my success is in my rootedness and ability to grow in the whirlwind. Oya and Shango out here in their element.
- Self-Vision: SIX OF WANDS – I’m feelin myself, I’m feelin myself, I’m feelin I’m feelin I’m feelin myself…haha yes!
- Resources: FOUR OF SWORDS (reverse) – Time to keep still is no longer, I need to wake up and spot those swords hanging above my head before I fall on them.
- Concerns: TEMPERANCE – I don’t often get this card. Anyway, my concern is balance right now. Natural in the middle of major change and transition.
- New Visions: THE HIGH PRIESTESS (reverse) – Finishing off with a major arcana in reverse, huh? Okay, spirits. Her moon is always in transition, her eyes are shielded- her sight comes from within not without. Venus out of retrograde. Mercury going into retrograde. New moon in Virgo. Partial solar eclipse. Winds of swift change blow. And you know what? Even in reverse, even as her whole world is going topsy turvy she doesn’t register it beyond a bit of blood rushing to her head. Her wisdom is from within her, not what the world is doing. Bless.
I’m a little in love with this reading. May I take this energy into the next moon cycle!